Iontech Water Candles for Ionizers
- Quick-Change Filter – Compact with excellent filtration capability
- Suitable pre-filter for water systems water ionizers, RO water systems, etc.
- Specification: 5 micron pp (1st stage) / Activated Carbon Fiber (2nd)
- Capacity: 12,000 Liters
Alkaline Water – What is it? and its History
A alkaline water ionizer is a home appliance which raises the pH of drinking water by using electrolysis to separate the incoming water stream into acidic and alkaline components. Japan’s Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare approved consumption of alkaline reduced water in 1965 for the cure of gastro-intestinal disorders. It is now available for commercial use and is recommended daily consumption of 1-1.5L of water per day not only for gastro-intestinal disorders but also benefits for numerous other illnesses such as diabetes, cancer, inflammation etc.
How does water ionizers operate?
Despite being described as ‘water ionizers’ the machines are designed to work as water electrolyzers. The method of splitting water to form hydrogen and oxygen by an electric current, in this process, the water near the anode is acidic and water near the cathode is alkaline and thus there are two outlets that dispense alkaline and acidic water.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Alkaline Water
All the hype about the health benefits of drinking alkaline water or being called miracle water might not be true but it has to some extent lot of health benefits than drinking normal or acidic water. Hollywood celebrities such as Beyonce and Miranda Kerr has praised it in various interviews and has claimed that they regularly drink alkaline water for their healthy body and skin. It has been reportedly claimed to have multitude of health benefits like weight loss, clear skin and even fighting cancer. Most common illnesses are the causes for changes in the blood pH for e.g Diabetes can make your blood more acidic, whereas kidney problem can make it more alkaline. Even foods that we consume have both acidic and alkaline properties and most dietitians around the world has recommended to consume alkaline food to be more healthier and fitter. 
Some advantages of drinking alkaline water are:
- Manages acidity in body
- Alkaline water means the water containing pH level more than 7.5, this can help balance out the acidity in human body. Alkaline water is considered beneficial for those who suffer from acid re-flux, diabetes, arthritis, cancer and other chronic disease that are caused by high acid levels in human blood.
- Contains dissolved minerals
- Reverse Osmosis (RO or pure water) contain lesser minerals dissolved in water as RO removes all the impurities including minerals from water and that is why it has a lower pH level. However alkaline water has a higher pH level retaining all essential dissolved minerals. These balanced minerals are absorbed by the body more easily and stops draining of alkaline minerals from tissues and bones that prevents disease like osteoporosis.
- Alkaline water is absorbed more easily by human body
- Alkaline water is made up of small clusters of water molecules and is absorbed better by the body as compared to normal tap water. This means your body can be more hydrated since water passes in and out of cells of your entire body more easily. Due to this most toxins of your body flushes out of your system more effectively.
Disadvantages of Alkaline water are:
- Not much scientific research done that can back its health benefits
- Alkaline water is considered as a natural remedy for a variety of illness and health conditions. However, there is no scientific studies backing it up as the technology is still young. It was commercialized in late 90’s after approval to be used in household by Ministry of Health and Labor Japan in 1965. It is normally argued that any water is good for hydration of your body.
- Alkaline water ionizers are more expensive than normal water filters
- Water ionizers require two process water treatments 1. filtration through activated carbon 2. Water electrolysis passing water through electrified platinum plates. Due to special platinum plates required for electrolysis and the alkaline process, you can expect to spend more on alkaline water ionizers.
Now we are happy to say that IonTech Alkaline water Ionizer is available in Nepal.
Contact us for fixing an appointment to install the great water system in your home. Direct phone +977 9801020300
Checkout Frequently Asked questions about Alkaline Water or Iontech going to Alkaline Water FAQ
- Henry, Marc; Chambron, Jacques (2013-12-16). “Physico-Chemical, Biological and Therapeutic Characteristics of Electrolyzed Reduced Alkaline Water (ERAW)”. Water. 5 (4): 2094–115. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/5/4/2094/htm
- Young, Robert O.; Young, Shelley Redford (2008-11-16). The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health. Grand Central Publishing. ISBN 9780446548854.
- Johannes, Laura (2012-04-09). “The Positives and Negatives of Ionized Water”. Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660 https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303404704577314182468322256
- Naomi Thomas, (2019-01-31); Does alkaline water live up to the hype?